Last night she focused on four projects ranging from the early 1970s to the present: CitiBank, 2000 National Census, ACLU and the New York Presbyterian Hospital.
She also shared some things she has learned along the way…
1) Be Humble
2) Never make assumptions about what users understand
3) Always test your assumptions with real people under real circumstances
4) Understanding is the responsibility of the sender not the receiver.
5) Users prefer straight talk
6) Build on what users already know
Innovation has a time and a place. Not every client is ready. It is essential to have political and financial will for a successful innovation process.